Assistant Waiter/ess - Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Gourmet Recruitment Head Office - Norwegian Cruise Lines
- 2001, KwaZulu-Natal, ZAF
- All cruise ship benefits will be discusses at interview
The position will report directly to the Assistant Restaurant Manager. The Assistant Waiter assists a waiter with the service for food and beverage of an assigned station/team in the restaurants. This position will rotate throughout the Buffet and Room Service as assigned by management. The Assistant Waiter will also ensure that guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
NATURE AND SCOPE
• Must be able to assist 1-2 Waiters with servicing a workstation in a restaurant that is comprised of 16 to 32 seats.
• Must be able to carry up to 12 covers on a waiter tray or 16 glasses in the same fashion.
• Must have working knowledge of the service requirements/styles/food for all meal periods (breakfast, lunch and dinner) across various restaurant concepts (Italian, French, Casual-fare, Oriental, Steakhouse, Brazilian Steakhouse,etc.)
• The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
• Minimum of two years experience as a front waiter with fine dining and banquet service experience in any of the following settings: 3 Star – 4 Star land-based hotel/resort; free-standing restaurant with at least 180 seats; or previous shipboard experience in a similar position is required.
• Minimum of two years experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• High school diploma, Secondary Education degree or equivalent is mandatory.
• Courses and or training in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
• While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
• Work within different temperature changes'indoors to outdoors.
• Able to pass basic safety course.
• This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.