Chef de Parties/Sous Chefs and Executive Chefs - Cape Town Interviews
- Gourmet Recruitment Head Office - Holland Americal Lines
- Country-Wide Applications, Gauteng, ZAF
- USD ++++
- All cruise ship benefits will be discussed at interview
We currently sourcing for very experienced Chef de Parties/Sous Chefs and Executive Chefs for Holland America Line.
1. Responsible for directing, supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food in the assigned partie in the kitchen in accordance with the established company menus and recipes.
2. Directly responsible for implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards in the assigned partie in the kitchen organization as outlined in the Safe Food Handling Manual and cleaning specifications per partie.
3. Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served from the partie as per company's standard recipes.
4. Directs, supervises, assists and trains all employees assigned to the partie.
5. Responsible for the performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all employees assigned to his partie. Reports on these subjects objectively and timely to his Sous Chef.
6. Controls actual hours worked of the employees assigned to the partie and reports any discrepancies between these and the published work schedules to Sous Chef supervising his partie.
7. Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition and thereafter used in the correct way.
8. Prepares a daily work plan for all employees assigned to his partie in accordance with the planned menu and recipes for the day.
9. Responsible to implement and execute proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in the partie assigned to him in order to ensure good appearance and condition of these areas. And inspects the cleaning procedures and cleanliness of work area and equipment done by all personnel in his assigned partie.
10. Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Sous Chef supervising his partie.
11. Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire partie.
12. Responsible for ensuring that proper work and cleaning methods are being followed in order to produce and serve safe, wholesome, high quality and attractive food for passengers and crew.
13. Responsible for the proper use of equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance requirements.
14. Works closely and cooperates with superiors, colleagues and subordinates in order to achieve the highest possible passenger satisfaction from the products served.
15. Assigns all cleaning responsibilities within his partie according to the cleaning schedule and delivers a written report to the 2nd Exec. Chef regarding any problems which have occurred. If partie has GPA personnel assigned, he is responsible for his performance.
16. Identifies and assigns in writing all cleaning responsibilities within his assigned area for approval by the Exec. Chef. Follows the detailed cleaning list.
17. Prepares a daily requisition for Executive Chef for all items ordered from stores for use in his partie.
Apply Today to start your career at sea !