Fireman Vacancies Open
- - Gourmet Recruitment Head Office
- 21001, Gauteng, ZAF
- All cruise ship benefits will be discuss at interview stage
We are currently pre-screening for 10 Fireman candidates to work onboard Norwegain Cruise Lines:
Fire attack team leader - Medical emergency response - responsible for all fire fighting equipment, maintenance of same.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Be familiar with and active in the Safety and Environmental Management System (SMS) including his/her responsibility in the safety organization according to the Crew Emergency Plan and Station Bill and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position
• Maintain the portable fire fighting equipment onboard the vessel ensuring that all equipment is kept in good working order and available for immediate use.
• Complete inspections and maintenance in accordance with AMOS including the vessels tenders and lifeboats.
• Ensure that all fire-extinguishing appliances are in accordance with SOLAS regulations, Class Authorities, Flag State Administration, Manufacturer's recommendations, and all repairs, alterations or modifications are done in accordance to above-mentioned institutions and also shall be fully conversant with the regulations of the authorities in addition to local authorities.
• Carry an UHF radio/handy phone and/or beeper at all times.
• Attend Maintenance and Crew Safety and Environmental Committee meetings once a month.
• Conduct crew cabin inspections.
• Participate in the company's emergency codes and assists the medical team in medical emergency situations to EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) standards where this does not conflict with fire fighting/damage control tasks.
• The Fireman is not assigned to any Fire Team. The first Fireman on scene will enter with the first attacking team.
• Continuously evaluate and prevent potential fire hazards to improve the ship's fire prevention and control standards.
• Inspect all hot work areas and give permission for the work to commence.
• Check atmosphere of enclosed spaces for gas and sufficient oxygen level, prior to entry of any work teams into enclosed spaces.
• Schedule with the Safety Officer to carry out alternate safety and fire prevention rounds of the vessel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Be familiar with and active in the Safety and Environmental Management System (SMS) including his/her responsibility in the safety organization according to the Crew Emergency Plan and Station Bill and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as a professional Fire Fighter is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
• Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates